Our Initial visit will be via VSee Messenger. This will us to complete any required paperwork with signatures and to share files in the future as needed.
to Download these Instructions on how to Join my VSee Messenger Network, Download the Program for your Initial Visit.
Click New Users & Existing Users Link to:
- Sign up. This also adds you to my network
- Download the program
- Open the program and become familiar with the program.
- Go into Settings and set up your Audio and Video
Do this way in advance of our meeting time so you have plenty of time to set up the program and become familiar with it.
On the day we meet you will need to log into the program following the instructions on the right for Existing Users.
You will not be able to get in by signing directly into the app itself during this overload time. You must Save this Page so you can return to this web page and click the New Users & Existing Users link. Or, you can copy the link in the browser window and save it somewhere you will remember it.
VSee Initially made their messenger free but when the pandemic hit they were overwhelmed with people using it. When people tried to sign into the App directly they were getting messages to pay for the service. I do not know if they are still doing so. As long as you are joining me there will be no charge.
If you get a message to pay use this link: New Users & Existing Users and sign in under Existing User on the right. VSee then knows you are in my network and you get in for free.
To join a Telehealth visit you must have:
- Adequate internet speed, hard wired into your computer is best but wifi will work if there are not other people using it at the same time.
- A headset (earbuds that work with your computer are good enough). Make sure you have a headset with a microphone and headphones. Your computer’s microphone can pick up your speakers and feed it back into the conference causing echos, and painful feedback. Using a headset prevents this.
- Quiet place where there is not background noise so we can both hear each other.
- A computer fast enough to run the video conferencing platform. Use the links above to get more information on what specifications your internet and computer will need.
- A private place where others will not hear or see you during your psychotherapy appointment.
It is best that you are on a computer or tablet for an appointment. Phone screens are often too small especially if I am sharing information you may need and that you may wish to download for yourself. I often use the chat box to share links or documents with you with added resources that can be helpful for you. I am unable to do so if you are on a phone.
Once you download and set up the program you can use the Test Call to test your camera and microphone settings.
You can upload all of the intake forms you filled out prior to our first meeting in the chat box. Then we will be ready to get them finalized and go over any questions you have in our first session.
Do not sign them until we meet together so I can walk you through to signing process.
- Internet Connection – VSee recommends you have 500kbps for stable internet connection. You will need a Minimum of 200kbps upload and download to run VSee. You can go to speedtest.net to test your upload and download speeds.
- You will have a more stable and secure connection if your internet is hardwired into your computer or tablet.
- If you are using Wifi and there are other people in your household using the internet that:
- You have the primary use so your do not lose connection (if you have fast enough speed to support more than one person at a time).
- Or there is no one else using the internet during your appointment.
After you have signed up for your appointment, please download the program and familiarize yourself with how it works, PRIOR to the meeting.
Once you have Accepted my Invitation, Downloaded the Program and configured your Video & Audio settings, there is a TEST CALL in the contacts section that you can use to test how your settings are working.